Amazon Echo is becoming a favorite among the people across the world. With Amazon Echo, shopping, streaming music or calling a friend has become easier. But the Amazon Echo is also a sensitive device when in the reach of children. You really don’t want your child to accidentally use the device in a playful manner resulting in you paying hefty bills.
To keep the Amazon Echo child proof, there are some methods that one should follow. So if you are concerned about the Echo and its influence on your child, just follow the methods mentioned below in the guide and make Amazon Echo Child-Proof.
Here is how to keep Amazon Echo child-proof
Disable Voice Purchase
Voice Purchase feature is unique for Echo user as the reduces the efforts to do a task on the device. But it can be harmful as the child can take advantages of the activated or enabled Voice Purchase. They can buy new stuff from Amazon thus sucking up your bank balance. Hence it is beneficial to keep the Voice Purchase feature off.
- Tap the top left corner and open Settings.
- Navigate to Voice Purchasing option and tap to toggle off its button.
- You can also provide four-digit password protection to keep the feature on as well as away from the reach of your child.
- Once you choose to set a four digits number, Alexa will ask for the confirmation to proceed.
Read More >> How to Use Alexa Skills for Consumer Service
Activate Explicit Filter
The Explicit Filter is an example of fantastic feature ever included to the software or a device. This feature blocks Alexa from playing the songs containing explicit words, phrases or meaning. So if your child is engaging to such songs with explicit lyrics, try activating the Explicit Filter. Also, the Explicit Filter blocks the TuneIn, SiriusXM, Gimme Radio and other streaming platforms.
- Open the Settings and select Music and Media option.
- Now, select the Explicit Filter and turn off its toggle button.
- You can use the voice command to say “Alexa, block explicit songs” to activate the filter.
Drop-In feature allows you for the video calling on another Echo Show or Echo Spot. The video calling could be a surprise to the people around, and the Drop-In must be deactivated while the children are using Amazon Echo. You can still have control when you select feature to work only with household devices.
- Open the Settings and go to the Communications section.
- Navigate to Drop-In and select to toggle off the feature.
- If you don’t want to turn it off, then select Household.
Plan Do Not Disturb Mode
Alexa is not an amazing artificial intelligence assistant, but the reminders, calls, messages or any other notification can resonate through the home. These notifications can be disturbing for everyone and especially for children. The Do Not Disturb Mode can be useful to block the notification temporarily from appearing.
- Visit the Settings and choose the device.
- Now, select Do Not Disturb option.
- Tap to turn off the toggle button.
- Now tap the Schedule option and input the time to apply Do Not Disturb Feature.
- The Schedule will remain activated until you turn it off.
These methods will keep the Amazon Echo Child Proof until you deactivate the features mentioned in the guide. Each feature is responsible for a particular function, and hence every activated feature will keep the Echo childproof.