Setting up a D-Link router is not that complicated, but for new users, it could raise a lot of questions and confusions. Setting up for advanced options could bring you to seek some technical support to make the manual configuration in the device. Generally, the D-Link router uses 192.168.0.1 as their default IP address, you can also go to the address in the web browser at http://192.168.0.1 and press enter. If you want to set up your router and create a secure Wi-Fi network, then follow the guide to get Internet access.
Here’s how to setup D-Link Router
- Connect the D-Link power adapter in a wall socket
- Now, connect an Ethernet cable with the router and modem.
- Switch it on and wait till the device turn a light on.
- Look for network preferences in your computer and connect to Wi-Fi Name on the D-Link Configuration Card and enter the password from D-Link card.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the router from your computer.
- Connect the internet port on the router to your DSL modem.
- Power on both the devices.
- Now, open any internet browser you use and go to address bar
- Type http://192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
- The homepage will display a D-Link Setup Wizard.
- Remember the box will appear during the first configuration.
- If the router is already configured, then reset the router by pressing router’s Reset button for till the light in its front does not flash. You may need a very narrow object to press the button.
- Now release the Reset button and follow from step 9 again.
- Click Yes to continue in the box displayed.
- In some cases, the router successfully scans the internet service, but in case the router cannot determine the internet service, it will ask you to determine the Internet type you are using.
- Select the type of your Internet service. If you don’t know the type of service you are using, then contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP.)
- Now, for Wireless setting configuration, you will need to enter your Wireless Network Name and Password.
- Now, you will need to set your password to log into the router setup configuration.
- Select a time zone you are living in.
- The setup will show you the briefing including your Wi-Fi name and password.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Congratulations, you have successfully created the network by setting up your D-Link router. Now, connect your devices to your newly created Wi-Fi and enjoy surfing stuff on the internet.
Marshall Lyne is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup .