User accounts in Windows are a way of having more users in one PC. It is a way of designing a single Windows for more than one user. By using different user accounts you can share a computer with several people separately. In your user account you can make your own settings, save your important files, set your desktop background or screen saver without affecting the other user accounts.
Only you can access your user account and make changes to it by using your username and password. Every user account has its username and password for its access. Users can design their accounts according to their preferences. Making different user accounts permit you to work freely; everything you do and save it will be saved only in your user account.
Every Windows has various levels of account types; you will see these three main types of user accounts.
- First is ‘Administrator’,
- Second type is ‘Standard User’,
- And the third type is ‘Guest accounts’.
All these three types of user accounts allow different types of permissions to the user.
- In ‘Administrator’ type account you have complete access to the computer. You can make changes, delete or install software, and create or delete accounts. We can say that admin account is the main account.
- ‘Standard User’ account is different from ‘Administrator’ as it does not have more permissions; it has limited the user permissions. User of this type of account can use most software and can change system settings which do not affect other users or security of the PC.
It is suggested to all users to make other accounts of ‘Standard User’ type so that their computer will remain protected from viruses and other harmful threats.
- ‘Guest Accounts’, as its name suggests, is the primary type of account for temporary use of the computer.
You can make different user account of different types according to your preference.