Google Earth makes use of satellite pictures to share geographical locations. If you find to find out stuff about a destination, then Google Earth is the right tool for you. Earlier it was available only on desktops, but now it can be downloaded as an application on smartphones and tablets.
You can tour the nooks and crannies of the world digitally, with Google Earth. Moreover, if you are asthmatic, then you can even check the pollution levels and air quality of the place you plan on visiting. If you do not know how to use Google Earth, then fret no further. Here are the simple steps for using Google Earth:
- Open a web browser and look for Google Earth. Download Google Earth from the internet and install the setup. The Download Google Earth button will be present on the top right corner on the webpage.
- When Google Earth gets installed, double-click on it to launch it.
- Now, in the program, you can look up stuff. In the Google Earth window, you will find the search option in the top left corner of the screen. Just write whatever you want to search in the box and hit Enter. After hitting Enter, you will be lead to that location.
- You can navigate by dragging the map with the help of the cursor to view other areas.
- You can also zoom out and into the screen to get a better picture of the area. If you wish to view more area on the screen then zoom out. To see the details of a specific area, zoom in.
- On the top right corner of the screen you will notice a round button. You can move the circle in order to rotate the view and change the angling of the view.
- In the upper right side of the screen, you will see an option for changing views. You can change between aerial view and street view.
- You can check when the photo was taken in Google Earth. You can browse all the dates to view satellite pictures taken at various days.
- In the lower left-hand side edge of Google Earth, click on Layers. Now you can enable the Weather view, Ocean View, see rain and snow, etc. You can also see underground lines by going to Transportation.