Norton Security is a readily recognizable name in the security market and has been for a long time. Just like other leading security software brands, Norton Security frequently comes pre-installed on new computers and laptops. Hence several individuals are initially exposed to Norton when they boot up their new PC for the first time. Over the past ten years, Norton has come a long way. It has shown tremendous progress. Norton antivirus neither takes up a lot of space nor does it annoy the users with constant notifications and pop-ups. Apart from providing protection against malware and viruses, it also prevents data and identity theft.
Design and Features
Norton Security has tucked its several valuable features into a simplistic and engaging design. One can merely navigate through a row situated at the bottom of the User Interface. When the device is safe and secure, and everything is operating smoothly, all the Norton icons turn green in color. One can alter the settings easily with just a few clicks.
The advanced settings menu of Norton possesses a somewhat traditional Norton look, with dark grey and yellowish icons. When you click on the icons, a primary binary option for settings come up. You can change things. Enabling and disabling the firewall is very easy. One can make adjustments as and when they wish.
There is tremendous scope for ensuring that Norton is running exactly how the user desires it to. Norton also has a tool named Power Eraser that tries to find the trickier and more pervasive malicious software that a regular scan may miss.
There are a number of ways by which Norton keeps the device secure. Typically, it conducts scans for malware and viruses. Users can schedule and modify these scans according to their preferences. It also maintains a record of a detailed history of all the scans and updates, constructing them into a searchable form in the program itself. Although, in most probability, users will not be required to search for their past antivirus records, but it can be beneficial in tracking down issues in a more complicated circumstance.
How to Create Norton My Account?
Setting up a user account on Norton is extremely easy and it barely takes a couple of minutes to do it. You can find the process to create Norton my account here. After setting up the user account, you can download your Norton product setup file.
- Go to norton.com/setup.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Choose the Create An account link and click on it.
- Fill in the form given in the window.
- Enter your password twice.
- Go through the terms and conditions. Click on Agree.
- Finally, click on Create an Account.
How to Remove Old and Expired Norton Products and Services from Norton Account?
As time goes by, people just keep purchasing more and more Norton products and services and the older versions are left expired in their Norton user accounts. If your Norton account is getting clogged up with expired products and you have purchased more recent versions of the same product, there is no reason for you to have the expired products in your Norton account still. You can delete the Norton products from your account. Here are the steps to remove old and expired Norton products from Norton My Account:
- Open your Internet Browser.
- Type www.norton.com/myaccount in the URL bar and hit Enter.
- Click on Sign In and enter your login credentials. Ensure that you are entering the details of the account which contains the expired product.
- When you are successfully logged in to the Norton account, click on My Devices.
- In My Devices webpage, you will be able to see the list of all new and old Norton products.
- In order to remove an expired product, just click on the small recycle bin icon located at the right side of the Norton product name which you wish to remove.
- A confirmation box will pop-up.
- Click on the Ok button.
- You have successfully removed old/expired Norton product from your account.
Add Norton To Another Device With Norton My Account
Norton My Account is a useful place, and it makes subscriptions and Norton products a lot easier for users. If you have Norton Utilities 16, Norton Security Premium, or Norton Security Deluxe on one computer and you wish to add this protection to another computer, then you can do it via Norton account. While home users may need protection on only one computer, business and office users have to protect their entire organization from threats and infections. If you want to setup Norton antivirus on another PC, then you will have to download a copy of the Setup from the either Norton website or from Norton user account.
- Start and log in to the computer on which you have to install the Norton product.
- Go to www.norton.com/myaccount.
- Click on Sign In and enter your login details such as username and password.
- When you are logged in, go to Order History.
- In the Details tab, click on View.
- Click on the Download button.
- Click on Run, or you can go to the default download location and then double-click on the downloaded file.
- Follow the prompts given in the screen in order to successfully install Norton product on the new device.
If you wish to see your subscription details, product details, or change settings, just log in to your Norton account. Norton account is an incredible platform which helps the users in managing their Norton security. In order to get updates, you need to access your Norton account. After purchasing Norton software, you will be able to download the setup from the Norton account. After that, you can activate your Norton product with the 25 character alphanumeric product key.